Move your mouse over the image to see the Hubble Telescope palette (R=[SII], G=Ha, B=[OIII])
Click on the image to see a Pseudo True Color presentation with just Ha and [OIII].
Click here for 80% size versions.
Click here for an Ha only version: Medium Large
Purchase a print of this image!
- Exposure: Ha [OIII] [SII]
- All exposures binned 1x1
- Ha 12x1200s, [OIII] 12x1200s, [SII] 12x1200s
- Canada-France-Hawaii Telescope (CFHT) Color Palette: Red=Ha, Green=[OIII], Blue=[SII]
- Telescope: Stellarvue SV152 @ f/7.9
- Mount: MI-250 GoTo
- Camera: SBIG ST-10XME CCD, SBIG CFW-10
- AstroDon E-Series TruBalance Filters
- Location: Casa Cielo Observatory, Santa Barbara, CA
- August 5/6 2006, 22:05-04:44 PDT
- August 6/7 2006, 22:06-04:46 PDT
- Processing: Taken in CCDSoft v5 using CCDCommander. Reduced, aligned, combined sub-exposures, and Positive Constraint deconvolution each channel in CCDStack. Mapped color combine, selective bluring, contrast adjustment, and unsharp mask in Photoshop.
- Name: Pickering's Triangle, part of the Veil Nebula
- Type: Supernova remnant
- Constellation: Cygnus
- Distance: 1400 light years