Click on the image for full size version.
Purchase a print of this image!
- Exposure: [SII] Ha [OIII]
- All exposures binned 1x1
- [SII] 4x1200s, Ha 4x1200s, [OIII] 4x1200s
- Hubble Color Pallet: Red=[SII], Green=Ha, Blue=[OIII]
- Telescope: Stellarvue SV152 @ f/7.9
- Mount: MI-250 GoTo
- Camera: SBIG ST-10XME CCD, SBIG CFW10
- AstroDon E-Series TruBalance Filters
- Location: Casa Cielo Observatory, Santa Barbara, CA
- June 12/13 2006, 23:38-04:14 PDT
- Processing: Taken in CCDSoft v5 using CCDCommander. Reduced, aligned, combined sub-exposures, and DDP stretch in CCDStack. RGB combine, levels, selective blur, 20 pixel high-pass filter/Hard Light sharpening, saturation boost in Photoshop.
- Name: M8, NGC6523, NGC6526, NGC6530
- Type: Emission Nebula
- Constellation: Sagittarius