Click on the image for full size version.
Purchase a print of this image!
- Exposure: LRGB
- All exposures binned 1x1
- R 20x120s, G 17x120s, B 40x120s
- Luminance frame created by adding the RGB frames.
- Telescope: Stellarvue SV152 @ f/7.9
- Mount: MI-250 GoTo
- Camera: SBIG ST-10XME CCD, SBIG CFW10
- AstroDon E-Series TruBalance Filters
- Location: Casa Cielo Observatory, Santa Barbara, CA
- June 5/6, 2006, 22:05-02:51 PDT
- Processing: Taken in MaxIm v4 and CCDSoft v5 using CCDCommander. Reduced, aligned, combined sub-exposures, combined RGB, created Luminance, 100 iterations of Positive Constraint deconvolution to the Luminance, and LRGB combine in CCDStack. Gradient removal in Photoshop with GradientXTerminator. Selective bluring, unsharp mask, curves, and levels in Photoshop.
- Name: M13, NGC6205
- Type: Globular Cluster
- Constellation: Hercules
- Distance: 25100 light-years
- Physical Diameter: 145 light years