Mouse over the image to see the original processing.
Click on the image for 75% resolution of the above crop.
Click here for the full frame at 60% resolution.
Purchase a print of this image!
- Exposure: CRGB - 36x600s+10x60s:13x438s:11x600s:11x756s
- Telescope: TMB152
- Mount: Paramount ME
- Camera: SBIG STL-6303 CCD, AstroDon E-Series TruBalance Filters
- Location: JMSM Observatory, New Mexico (Owned by Mike Sherick)
- April 10 2007, 00:01-03:37 MDT
- April 11/12 2007, 21:36-02:48 MDT
- April 17 2007, 20:24-21:38 MDT
- April 19/20 2007, 20:53-03:34 MDT
- Processing: Taken in MaxIM/DL v4 using CCD Commander. Reduced, aligned, combined sub-exposures, and RGB combine in CCDStack. Color balancing, Lab LRGB combine, contrast adjustment, USM, and saturation adjustment in Photoshop.
- Processing v2: Noise Ninja, Shadows/Highlights, more levels and curves.
- Name: M83 (plus many others)
- Type: Spiral Galaxy
- Constellation: Hydra
- Distance: about 15 million light-years
- More information in my blog entry here.
- Updated processing here.