- Composite Exposure:
- 40x10s L, 10x1m R, 10x26.55s G,
- 9x10m L, 6x10m R, 10x4.5m G, 10x5.75m B
- Luminance binned 1x1
- RGB binned 2x2
- RGB Combine Ratios: 1.0:1.0:1.0
- Telescope: Stellarvue SV80S @ f/4.9
- Mount: Meade LX200 w/ super wedge
- Camera: SBIG ST-2000XM CCD, SBIG CFW-8
- Location: My backyard in Goleta, CA
- November 25/26, 2003, 22:16-00:11 PST
- December 26/27, 2003, 20:47-02:04 PST
- Processing: Taken and reduced in CCDSoft v5.
with Ray Gralak's Sigma Clip. DDP to Luminance and Color with
software. Color combined with custom software.
removed/levels/saturation adjusted, Luminance applied, Unsharp Mask in
- Notes: Weather and the moon kept me from finishing
this for a month.
I took the 10m red exposures in November and didn't notice until
this that I took only 6 exposures.
- Name: Orion's Sword
- Includes these objects (from top to
- NGC1981, NGC1977, M43, M42
- Type: Open Cluster, Reflection
- Constellation: Orion
- About M42
- About M43