Click on image for full size version.
Published in Sky & Telescope
- Exposure: HaRGB
- Custom Scientific 4.5nm H-alpha filter
- Telescope: Stellarvue SV80S @ f/4.9
- Mount: Meade LX200 w/ super wedge
- Camera: SBIG ST-2000XM CCD, SBIG CFW-8
- Location: My backyard in Goleta, CA
- Ha: August 6/7 2004, 23:58-05:04 PDT
- RGB: August 7/8 2004, 21:44-01:12 PDT
- Processing: Taken in CCDSoft v5 using custom
sequence/dithering software. Reduced and aligned in
with Ray Gralak's Sigma Clip. DDP to with
software. Selective Unsharp Mask/blur in
Photoshop CS. Minimum filter to RGB in Photoshop. Ha
applied as Luminance in Photoshop. Consderable color balancing in
Photoshop to help with "salmon" cast of the HaRGB process.
- Name: The North American Nebula, NGC7000
- Type: Emission
- Constellation: Cygnus
- Distance: 1800-2000 light years
- Physical Diameter: 65 light years
- Angular Diameter: ~120'