Click on image for full size version.
Purchase a print of this image!
- Exposure: (Ha) HaGB
- All exposures binned 1x1
- Ha 26x900s, G
18x260s, B 18x440s
- Telescope: Stellarvue SV80S @ f/4.77
- Mount: MI-250 GoTo
- Camera: SBIG ST-2000XM CCD, SBIG CFW-8
- Location: My backyard in Goleta, CA
- Ha: November 28-29, 2004, 23:04-06:04 PST
- GB: December 9-10, 2004, 21:13-01:28 PST
- Processing: Taken in CCDSoft v5 using
CCDCommander. Reduced in
CCDSoft. Aligned with RegiStar. Combined
with Ray Gralak's Sigma Clip. DDP to with
software. Curves, levels, unsharp mask, selective
blur in Photoshop.
- Notes: The excessive color exposures gave great color
depth to the image. I did no saturation boost to this image.
- Name: IC434, B33 (The Horse Head
Nebula), NGC2024 (The Flame Nebula)
- Other objects: NGC2023, IC435, IC432
- Type: Emission & Reflection
- Constellation: Orion
- Distance: 1600 light years